At Radio Jangwani 106.3fm, Marsabit, we would like to share our won contribution as a radio towards the achievement of cultural diversity amongst our people in Marsabit and the neighboring counties like Samburu. At Jangwani we broadcast in different dialects (diversity) thereby bringing together all communities under one umbrella of Radio Jangwani. The communities of Marsabit and the neighboring counties have attained peace as a result of one mouthpiece that speaks the same message in different languages. Radio Jangwani by itself has promoted diversity by hiring people from different ethnic backgrounds. The people from different ethnic backgrounds share divergent views on various issues that end up being addressed on air. The journalists from different ethnic backgrounds host different programs in different dialects thereby promoting cultural diversity. This feature has been produced to celebrate world radio day 2020 (radio and diversity) Take a listen.
- Tips on remaining safe in public spaces (Somali language)
- The Do’s and the Don’ts. COVID-19 (Somali language)
- How to use sanitizer to wash your hands. (Somali Language)
- Remaining calm and guidelines on help line from the government and health facilities (Somali language)
- Averting stigma (Somali Language)
- What does quarantine mean? Who should quarantine? What is the difference between isolation and quarantine? (Somali Language)
- What is covid 19, symptoms, transmission and prevention (Somali Language)
- Fake News alert~ Covid 19
- Karantini ni nini?
- COVID 19 ni ugonjwa wa aina gani?